    what the heck is going on plz help me. Or if you need any clarification or
    more info about my hardware etc. post on the board and ill give you some
    more info. Thnx so much.

    Chris Roth, Sep 9, 2003

  2. Chris Roth

    Shep© Guest

    When you choose the XP boot quickly press the F8 key and try and get
    to Safemode XP.Then right click on My
    Computer/Properties/Advanced/Startup and Recovery/Settings and disable
    the silly,"Automatically Restart" option.It's useless IMHO.
    Then with luck you can get to normal XP and start fixing it.
    Good pages,
    http://www.winxpfix.com/
    http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/
    Repair section if needed.
    HTH :)

    Shep©, Sep 9, 2003

  3. Chris Roth

    Ron Merts Guest

    You are probably going to have to edit the NTLDR.DAT ("NTLoader.DAT") file
    on the boot partition. It's probably pointing to the wrong device or
    partition. If your XP partition is NTFS then you are going to have to get
    into XP by hook or by crook and change it. If it's FAT-32 then you should
    be able to boot into 98 and edit the file directly with Notepad.

    Ron

    Ron Merts, Sep 10, 2003

  4. Hmm, I think it should be boot.ini, not ntloader.dat...

    Volker Klaffehn, Sep 10, 2003
  5. Chris Roth

    Ron Merts Guest

    You could possibly/probably be right.