Multi Monitor Setup with KVM Switch

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Rob Risner, Sep 29, 2005.

  1. Rob Risner

    Rob Risner Guest

    I have two Dell 1905FP monitors, one is connected to a KVM switch that is
    connected to a Mac mini and one is connected to a Windows machine that has a
    Sapphire Radeon 9600 and an ATI Radeon 7000 video card. Both cards in the
    Windows machine have DVI and VGA out.

    The setup was working fine for several months until I reloaded my Windows
    machine. Now when I switch from the Windows machine to the Mac and back, the
    monitor will go blank and will not switch back over. I can go back to the
    Mac fine, theWindows box is having problems. I have to either reboot the
    machine or go to the display properties on the second monitor and change the
    resolution or color depth on the first monitor for it to start responding.

    Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on? I can't find the latest
    drivers from Sapphire so I had to install ATI's Catalyst 5.9 driver. I have
    the secondary VGA ports on the cards disabled and there are not any
    conflicts under device properties for any of the cards.

    Thanks in advance,

    Rob R.

    Rob Risner, Sep 29, 2005