    multiplicity of times; at the moment "GraphicConverter" shows up eight-fold.
    I'm curious as to why this is happening and if there is some way of resetting
    the list to exclude the duplicates.

    James L. Ryan, Jun 24, 2005

  2. James L. Ryan

    Alwyn Guest

    Are you sure you haven't got multiple instances of GC on your computer?
    If you have, delete all but one (presumably the latest).

    Alwyn

    Alwyn, Jun 24, 2005

  3. Alwyn,

    Thanks for the speedy reply.

    Spotlight shows that there is only a single instance of GraphicConverter
    installed. There are also multiple instances of Preview, QuickTime, and
    Safari in the Open With list. And again, Spotlight only shows a single
    application instance of each of those.

    Jim

    James L. Ryan, Jun 24, 2005
  4. I have noticed the same thing in the Open With dialog in the Finder.

    For instance, with a .wav file, I get offered 6 choices of QuickTime
    Player when I have only 3 QuickTime Player applications available (in
    clones and previous system versions online).

    I'm also offered 2 choices of Amadeus II, though I only have 1 online.

    I'm offered 4 iTunes though I only have 3 (so it isn't doubling
    everything).

    I'm only offered 1 choice for Audion 3, which is still sitting in my
    downloads folder.

    Martin

    Martin Frost me at stanford daht edu, Jun 25, 2005
  5. Do you have a folder at the root of your drive named "Previous Systems"?
    If so, you may have copies of those applications in there. Spotlight
    does not search that folder by default.

    -J.

    Jennifer Mullen, Jun 26, 2005
  6. James L. Ryan

    L. Rodgers Guest

    OS X 10.4.1: I've also just noticed that when choosing which
    application opens a particular file using the Get Info window, multiple
    instances of each application are listed. There is no Previous System
    folder on my drive as I performed an Erase and Install of Tiger.

    L. Rodgers, Jun 28, 2005