Multiple blank pages when printing emails with attachments?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by AES, May 25, 2005.

  1. AES

    AES Guest

    When I print Eudora emails that contain multiple attachments, so that
    there are multiple "postscripts" of the general form

    filename="Enclosure1 IMPRS concept.pdf"

    following the regular message text, each of these separate postscripts
    gets printed on a new page, **plus an additional blank page between each
    of these new pages**.

    I think this happens whether or not the first page of the attached
    material (PDF file or whatever) is displayed in the Eudora message
    window or not.

    Is there some preference I can set to stop printing anything except the
    regular message text? -- or at least some way to stop all the page
    ejects being sent out? (Other than hand-setting the number of pages to
    be printed each time I print such a message.)

    This is with Eudora 6.2.1 under Mac OS X 10.3.9 using an Ethernetted HP
    6MP printer and (I think) AppleTalk.

    AES, May 25, 2005

  2. AES

    Kathy Morgan Guest

    I don't have any messages with multiple .pdf attachments, so I couldn't
    duplicate your problem. My only idea on what might be causing this would
    be possibly a slightly corrupted Settings file.

    You can rebuild the Settings by holding down all the modifier keys
    (command-option-shift-control) while you select Settings from the
    Special menu. This will retain your server info, but most of your other
    customizations will be lost. Before rebuilding the Settings, put a copy
    somewhere outside the Eudora Folder so you can easily get it back if it
    turns out the problem is not solved by rebuilding the Settings.

    You can make it a little easier to restore your customizations if you
    have Eudora create a list of them for you before you rebuild the
    Settings. Do this by opening a new message composition window and then
    choose "Insert system configuration" from the Help menu.

    Let us (comp.mail.eudora.mac) know if that fixes the problem, okay. :)

    Kathy Morgan, May 28, 2005