    Anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks

    Martin

    Martin Empson, Jul 28, 2005

  2. Martin Empson

    Tom Stiller Guest

    It would be useful to know which version of Mail you're running. If
    you're on Panther or Tiger, you can select the account to be ued from a
    dropdown menu in the "new message" window.

    Tom Stiller, Jul 28, 2005

  3. Also on Tiger, in preferences, under "composing", there's an option to
    set the account to prefer when sending new mail. You can still select a
    different address in the new-message window, but this sets the one that
    gets selected by default.

    Tom Harrington, Jul 28, 2005
  4. Also on Tiger, in preferences, under "composing", there's an option to
    Got it. THanks very much

    Martin

    Martin Empson, Jul 29, 2005
  5. Actually I've found that works on version 2.02 (732/733) of Mail in OS X,
    but NOT on version 1.3.11(v622) of Mail. Anyone got any idea how to set the
    default accounts in an earlier version of Mail?

    Thanks

    Martin

    Martin Empson, Jul 29, 2005
  6. As the poster said, this feature is only available in Tiger's version of
    Mail. For Panther, see what it says in Mail Help under 'How is the
    "From" address determined in a new message or a reply?'

    Barry Margolin, Aug 2, 2005