    laptops?

    Thanks,

    DG

    DarylG, Dec 28, 2005

  2. DarylG

    Chris H. Guest

    Chris H., Dec 28, 2005

  3. DarylG

    DarylG Guest

    Hi Chris,

    After reading your post I searched a little and found these two solutions:

    http://www.villagetronic.com/e_pr_vtbook.html

    http://www.digitaltigers.com/sidecar.shtml

    Do you know anything about them, and their compatiblity with the Motion
    Computers? Also, he has the motion docking station if that make a
    difference.

    Lastly, Does you post mean that because of the Tablet OS you cannot enable a
    multimonitor with the LCD and the existing VGA as per this MS article?

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/multimonitor.mspx

    Thanks!

    DG

    DarylG, Dec 28, 2005
  4. DarylG

    Chris H. Guest

    It is the graphics card output on Tablet PCs which stand in the way.
    There's only a single VGA output. If there are other add-ons which suit
    your purpose, go for it! There's also MaxiVista, which I couldn't remember
    early, which is a software solution on your LAN: www.maxivista.com . That
    program is really slick.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H., Dec 28, 2005
  5. The article actually addresses the limitation, which is purely in
    laptop/tablet hardware i.e. that you get one VGA out, so you can have
    ONE other monitor, not two or more. If you find hardware that will help
    you around that then that's great.

    The Villagetronic link also address this problem. See the bit under
    "Notebook users have not been created equal..."

    Mike Williams, Dec 28, 2005
  6. DarylG

    DarylG Guest

    Thanks Chris!

    DarylG, Dec 28, 2005
  7. James Kendrick, Dec 29, 2005
  8. DarylG

    tequila Guest

    tequila, Dec 29, 2005
  9. DarylG

    DarylG Guest

    James,

    Thanks for the link. Have you used this product? Can the settings allow
    programs to be maximized to each monitor?

    Daryl

    DarylG, Dec 30, 2005
  10. DarylG

    art Guest

    On a side note , is it possible to have 2 tablet PCs side by side an
    one a slave to the other being a second input device and monitor ? This
    would be helpful for certain graphics applications where you want the
    digitizer tablet input on both screens.

    Art

    art, Dec 30, 2005
  11. DarylG

    Chris H. Guest

    No, a Tablet PC cannot operate as a "monitor" only. The video input is set
    to display from the Tablet itself, and has no external connections.

    Chris H., Dec 30, 2005
  12. Actually, this can be done sort of with MaxiVista.

    James Kendrick, Dec 30, 2005
  13. Sorry, missed the part about the dual digitizers. This won't work then.

    James Kendrick, Dec 30, 2005
  14. DarylG

    Chris H. Guest

    You're right, James. For some reason I forget about that neat little
    program. Check www.maxivista.com for the details. Quite a nice program.

    Chris H., Dec 30, 2005
  15. DarylG

    art Guest

    thanks for the answers guys !

    I did leave on their website's question and answer box this question
    about getting both screen's digitizers working in tandem. if they have
    any insight into this i will pass it back here. i have a feeling that
    it would require driver support from the wacom people.

    art

    art, Dec 31, 2005
  16. DarylG

    Chris H. Guest

    A digitizer won't recognize input from another Tablet PC, Art, if that's
    what you're wanting. There is nothing on the second screen to "sense" by
    that unit's digitizer. :cool:

    Chris H., Dec 31, 2005