Multiple monitors with 9700AIW + 9200 (PCI)

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Eric, Apr 3, 2005.

  1. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Hi,

    There is a 9700AIW(AGP) and a 9200(PCI) in a system that has to have
    dual-monitors working. Hydravision works even with the Primary card
    set as AGP in the CMOS.

    However, when both monitors are set as "attached" in WindowsXP, the TV
    tuner app doesn't work.

    The second monitor attached to the 9200 has to be set to un-'attached'
    for the TV tuner app to work.

    Has anyone gotten around this limitation and is able to run the TV
    tuner app with both monitors operating?

    thanks!

    Eric

    Eric, Apr 3, 2005

  2. Eric

    Berry West Guest

    It's just not going to work. I tried for months. The TV app will only run on
    the Primary Monitor

    Berry West, Apr 5, 2005

  3. Eric

    pjp Guest

    I had lots of "limitations" and "just won't do it" when I had two ATI cards
    attached for multi-monitor. Swapped out the ATI pci card for a Matrox and
    all works as expected.

    It appears the "detection" logic in ATI's drivers just isn't reallty
    prepared to find two separate ATI video cards. You can get it all to work,
    but it's an effort that has to be repeated anytime you want to update
    drivers etc.

    pjp, Apr 5, 2005