    Edtion but he is on the other side of the state and I can't see if he has
    changed any settings. I've searched microsoft.com for a few hours but to no
    avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Northwest Chuck, Jul 5, 2006

  2. im Newsbeitrag
    AFAICS: No, nothing which hmight have to do with the TabletPC version
    of the OS.

    It's just the "Extended Desktop" feature of XP which works with all
    kind of computers whose graphics card has a "dual monitor" feature.
    This "extends" the desktop in the sense of offering additional
    workspace on the additinal monitor.

    This is a most valuable feature as it offers additional desktop space.
    One can darg any aplliaction from the notebook (TablePC) to the free
    space shown on the second (external) monitor and then work there
    whilst having other things on the internal monitor.

    Another really great result of enabling the "extended desktop" is the
    improvement of presntion PowerPoint screen-shows.
    This way one can run the screenshow on the external device
    (projector/beamer) and have a "steering panel" on thze interanl
    disaplay of the laptop/TablePC.
    For sure he has.
    There's a setting in the "Display properties" applet (right mouse
    context menu "Properties").

    In the lower third there's a checkbox "extend the desktop to this
    monitor".
    If the checkbox is disabled, the system works in "clone mode", i.e.:
    the external monitor shows the same display as the internal monitor.
    If the checkbox is enabled, however, the system works with the
    "extended desktop".

    Tell your boss about this.
    Let him play with it and toggle the modes.
    He could set things back to the way he was used to work.
    But I'm sure that once he he's got, he love the extended desktop.
    Especially with a TabletPC with a small monitor an low resolution it
    makes a lot of sense to set the external monitor to "extended mode"
    using a higher resolution and doing work there. And one can always
    navigate to the internal and run other things there (f.e. have the
    calendar on the Tablet, write in Word or read Acrobat files on the
    external bigger monitor.

    HTH
    Rainald
    P.S. Unfortunately on is not allowed to make attachments here.
    I would have attached a screen shot of the "Display properties" applet
    otherwise.

    Rainald Taesler, Jul 5, 2006

  3. Now as I re-read the scenario in the light of your posting, it seems
    that pretty well I might have mistaking what the poster has reported.

    Rainald

    Rainald Taesler, Jul 6, 2006