    Any ideas for preventing users from modifying the same file at the
    same time? (And yes, I'm aware of cumbersome CVS solutions)

    Thanks!

    Kyra, Jun 25, 2003

  2. Kyra

    Simon Slavin Guest

    This functionality has to be built into the application, it's
    not part of the operating system. Most applications don't keep
    the document open while you're working on it: they read it in
    when you open it and write it out when you save it.

    FileMaker, under OS X, does what you want. Some other programs
    do too.

    Simon Slavin, Jun 28, 2003