    Should I install other sound card?

    Any advice, please.
    garco

    garco, Jun 26, 2004

  2. garco

    CrimsonLiar Guest

    What you are trying to do is simplicity itself, and although there are few
    devotees of the Realtek AC'97 Audio in here, plain simple recording is not
    beyond the capability of these Audio chipsets.

    While I can't offer a surefire solution I would suggest that you check the
    "mode" the inputs are set to, this is found in the control applet for the
    Audio. Make you have the input going to a socket designated as "line-in"
    and not "mic" (the levels are different), and that the applet is set to
    reflect your correct usage. And please, if this works, remember to post in
    here to let us all (me especially) know

    Crimson Liar

    CrimsonLiar, Jun 26, 2004

  3. garco

    garco Guest

    Yes, the jack coming from the audio-out socket of the tuner is plugged
    to the line-in socket of the chip in the PC (I can't see any place in
    Windows where to reflect *this* usage, but the audio setup in the
    Control Panel is correct). The sound is very good when reproducing from
    the tuner; the problem is after recording.
    It looks to me as if the power coming into the chip were too much for
    it, which I solve (more or less) putting down the volume close to minimum.
    Thanks anyway, Crimson
    garco

    garco, Jun 26, 2004