    combinations doesn't work.. Anyone got any ideas?

    I really can't afford to spend more money on another CPU or Motherboard..

    Thanks..

    Me, May 28, 2004

  2. Me

    c Guest

    A Open's website has a BIOS update for the board to correct the Prescott CPU
    ratio. The wierd thing is that their CPU table for the board does not
    include the Prescott CPU.
    http://swe.aopen.com.tw/testreport/mb/cpu_supported.asp?TestFunction=494&Model=799

    Personally, I would try to flash the BIOS to the new version, but I would be
    certain that the board stays stable long enough to do so. If something
    happens during the BIOS flash you are pretty much SOL.

    Chris

    c, May 28, 2004

  3. Me

    Me Guest

    Hi Chris,

    I downloaded the latest BIOS (ver 1.01) available from the site but it
    still has the same problem..

    It obviously is having issues with the Prescott CPU when it has to
    autodetect the settings..

    Thanks anyway..

    Me, May 28, 2004
  4. Me

    c Guest

    Sorry to hear that. I read AOpen's web page about your board, and it says
    nothing about supporting a Prescott CPU, but then the BIOS update says
    something to the effect that it will, because of the bug the BIOS fixes.
    Then if you look at the CPU support page for the board, it does not list the
    Prescott. I really like AOpen boards, bt sometimes I question their tech
    support.

    Chris

    c, May 29, 2004