    repairable? Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone know of any place that works on
    flat panels in the North Dallas area?

    Thanks!

    MBoyd00000, Apr 27, 2004

  2. MBoyd00000

    ELR Guest

    | This flat panel is a couple of years old and out of warrenty.
    |
    | Last week it wouldn't power down. And now I cant get a picture from the PC
    | come up at all. Sometimes the Dell/pixelvison logo shows itself as well as
    the
    | built in screensaver but even that doesnt move around the screen like it
    | normally would.
    |
    | I was running it 1600x1200 via DVI. Damn I'm missing that. Is this thing
    | repairable? Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone know of any place that
    works on
    | flat panels in the North Dallas area?
    |
    | Thanks!

    First rule of troubleshooting - check the hardware! Make sure the cable
    connections both to the monitor and the PC are tight and that the video card
    is fully seated in its slot.

    If that fails, try using the monitor with the ANALOG cable. You may need to
    toggle one of the buttons on the front of the monitor to switch from DVI to
    analog.

    There is a huge thread on the Dell Forums about DVI corruption on Dell
    branded FP monitors, although the symptoms described on those threads don't
    entirely match your description.

    ELR, Apr 28, 2004

  3. MBoyd00000

    MBoyd00000 Guest

    If that fails, try using the monitor with the ANALOG cable. You may need to
    Oh yeah did this with s-vid too. It came up once out of 5 times i tried. it
    still would not power down correctly.

    I'm actually with Dell's tech support now talking to one of their Bangalore
    guys. Ive been transferred three different places. The stupid phone menu is
    useless.

    MBoyd00000, Apr 28, 2004