My faith has been restored in my K7N2G

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Nunya, Sep 29, 2003.

  1. Nunya

    Nunya Guest

    I bought this board because I had a good MSI board in the past and it was fast.
    I wanted something that was 8X AGP, Dual Channel DDR and had USB 2.0
    and ATA-133. This board fit the bill at a good price.

    I thought it was slow running 1 512MB DDR stick and a 2600+ and contributed
    most of that to using onboard graphics.

    My mouse always locked up on reboot and coming out of hibernation causes a cold reset.

    I finally broke down and bought an exact matching stick of 512 to go dual channel
    and scored a Gainward Golden Sample 128MB 8XAGP Geforce 4 5200
    and updated the BIOS to 1.5 (the latest on Live Update.)

    I am happy to announce I am very happy with the board. It seems twice as fast
    and the mouse no longer locks up. It turned out it was the mouse, not the board.

    Everything works and works well and now I just need a good game to really
    give it a true test.

    After reading all of the horror stories I thought I would post some positive news.

    My ram is part # cmx512-2700 cas 2 with red heat sinks and is rock solid in high performance
    mode FWIW.

    Nunya, Sep 29, 2003