    My IBM Thinkpad 2611-452 can't read DVD+Rs. It can read factory
    pressed DVDs? Is their a firmware update or some other work around so
    I can watch DVD+Rs?

    mrvista, Jul 30, 2006

  2. mrvista

    BigJim Guest

    can it read the -r

    BigJim, Jul 30, 2006

  3. mrvista

    dr.news Guest

    Has it every read DVD+Rs? What did you find out on the IBM web site? dr

    dr.news, Jul 30, 2006
  4. mrvista

    Rick Guest

    It's more likely a hardware matter than anything else. Pull the drive
    out of the bay and search for the specs on the drive. Don't have one
    right in front of me but I know the DVD drives aren't made by IBM.

    Rick, Jul 31, 2006
  5. mrvista

    - Bobb - Guest

    I'm not being a wiseguy ...
    Can anything else read the "unreadable" DVD's ? ( In case not written
    properly)

    - Bobb -, Jul 31, 2006