    bottom, but even then it will still overheat, you have to give it a chance
    to cool every now and then, my wife's shuts down from time to time also if
    we aren't careful.

    Eugene, Jan 1, 2005

  2. Bought it a year ago for my kids ($700 TV special). They use it a lot, but
    it overheats and flops out every couple of hours. Is there something I can
    do to fix this? I'm not very computer savvy, so any simple solutions would
    be greatly appreciated.

    Happy new year.

    The Hanrahans, Jan 1, 2005

  3. Eugene

    Richard Guest

    The Hanrahans wrote:
    They use it a lot, but
    I'd blow out any dust that may be in the fan. Then I'd buy a laptop
    cooler - device that fits under the laptop with blower fans. Targus
    makes a good one. This model has known heat problems. Go to Dell Forums
    for more info.

    Richard, Jan 1, 2005
  4. Eugene

    Cyclops Guest

    Cyclops, Jan 1, 2005
  5. Thanks for the detailed answer. I visited the link you posted and see
    there's an executable BIOS to download ("I1100A32.exe"). Do I just download
    and run it once? Or do I have do something else??

    Thanks again...very helpful!

    The Hanrahans, Jan 1, 2005
  6. Eugene

    Math1 Guest

    Try the I8Kfangui fan control program. http://www.diefer.de/i8kfan/
    It is compatible with the 1100. I have an older I8000 that was
    overheating and this program now makes it possibel for me to use the
    machine. I set mine to turn the fans on at 145 degrees F and have had
    no problems since.
    Anne

    Math1, Jan 2, 2005