My Lexmark P6210 Printer won't work.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The Doctor, Oct 31, 2006.

  1. The Doctor

    The Doctor Guest

    I use WinXP Pro with all updates.

    From the computer, the printer won't print from any
    application in any user account including new ones created
    to test it. On it's own, the printer will print it's own
    Test Page.

    The USB connection to the computer is correct, the scanner
    function works. My Epson Stylus c60 printer works from the
    same USB port with the same cable.

    The copy facility of the printer itself works (scan/print
    independent of the computer)

    I've re-installed it several times.

    I've updated the driver from Lexmark's web site.

    What else can I try?

    The Doctor, Oct 31, 2006

  2. The Doctor

    The Doctor Guest

    p.s.
    I forgot to mention that the printer works on another
    computer

    Documents are sent to the print queue but clear almost
    immediately.

    The Doctor, Oct 31, 2006

  3. The Doctor

    Ook Guest

    I've thrown 3 Lexmark printers in the trash this last year. If it were me,
    based on my experience with Lexmark printers, I'd make this the fourth to go
    in the trash.

    Did you install any software/drivers from the CD that came with the printer?
    Go into Control Panel/Add Remove programs, and remove anything Lexmark. Then
    reinstall from disk.

    I had the same problem with one of my computers - just couldn't get the
    Lexmark to print. Uninstall/reinstall. Nothing worked. Wasn't willing to
    reinstall Windows, so I replaced it with an HP printer. Printing problems
    solved.

    Ook, Oct 31, 2006
  4. The Doctor

    The Doctor Guest

    "Ook" <Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com
    delete the Don't send me any freakin' spam> wrote in message
    I've uninstalled everything Lexmark, deleted everything from
    my HDD related to "lexmark" & "lxbu" (you'd think that there
    wouldn't be any as I've uninstalled the printer). Did the
    same thing in my registry.
    On re-install, it printed an alignment page & I haven't
    heard from it since.
    I tried to google for answers but Lexmark's online support
    is crap & their local installation troubleshooting guides
    are worthless.

    The Doctor, Nov 1, 2006
  5. The Doctor

    Ook Guest

    I wish I had an answer for you. The same thing happened to me, and I never
    got it working. If you can, replace it with a non-Lexmark printer. I have
    had a lot of luck with Lexmark printers - and it's all been bad.

    One thing that comes to mind. Try a different USB port. If you have an
    external hub, plug it in and plug the printer into that.

    Ook, Nov 4, 2006