    clock.

    I really don't know what to do and would appreciate anyones help and
    advice.

    jdcurrie, Oct 1, 2005

  2. jdcurrie

    matt neuburg Guest

    I've seen this from time to time when browsing via DSL, and I suspect it
    is part of the Tiger launchd bug. It has been claimed that eventually
    the problem times out, but I've never had the patience to wait the 30
    minutes or more to find out! A genuine fix will have to come from Apple.
    m.

    matt neuburg, Oct 1, 2005

  3. jdcurrie

    Andy Hewitt Guest

    Yes, I can confirm that dial-up networking is pants in OSX, I've had
    freezes, and even kernel panics while using it. It's OK until a problem
    occurs on the line, and you lose the connection. Most notably, if you
    can still use the Mac, is that the modem locks out, and won't release
    for the next reconnect.

    Andy Hewitt, Oct 1, 2005