    Just got a new Dell and everything (documents, Operating Sys, etc.) is
    printed in a foreign language. I called Dell but could not understand the
    person I spoke with.

    Don Linder, Jul 12, 2004

  2. Don Linder

    BWL Guest

    HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

    Welcome to the "new" Dell...

    You've just gotten a small taste of what to expect, if and when you ever
    need to talk to their "tech support". With any luck, you'll have a
    relatively problem-free PC, and can avoid decending into the frustrating,
    ridiculous, indecipherable run-around affectionately known as "Dell Hell".

    BWL, Jul 12, 2004

  3. Don Linder

    BOHICA Guest

    OK Don, you have him hooked now reel him in! LOL
    <TROLL>

    BOHICA, Jul 12, 2004
  4. Don Linder

    Paul Knudsen Guest

    Send it back.

    Paul Knudsen, Jul 12, 2004
  5. Don Linder

    Tony Guest

    I would define a <TROLL> as an idiot who thinks its clever to attack anyone
    who dares to criticize Dell.

    Tony, Jul 12, 2004
  6. Don Linder

    WSZsr Guest

    "On the Internet, the term troll is a slang term used to describe a number
    of things, traditionally:

    1.. A post (on a newsgroup, or other forum) thought to be intended to
    incite controversy or conflict or cause annoyance or offense.
    2.. A person who posts these. "
    That means you are a troll TONY.

    WSZsr, Jul 12, 2004
  7. Don Linder

    Notan Guest

    And that's why we look to you for guidance.

    Notan

    Notan, Jul 12, 2004
  8. Don Linder

    Tom Scales Guest

    If you're speaking of the online doc on the machine, I believe during
    initial setup you were asked what language you preferred.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jul 12, 2004
  9. Don Linder

    Pen Guest

    Control panel/.regional and language settings should fix it.

    Pen, Jul 12, 2004
  10. Don Linder

    Irene Guest

    You have a twenty day period to send it back.
    If I were in your place, it would already be on it's way, along with a very
    detailed letter of explanation, with another copy of that letter sent
    directly to Michael Dell.

    Irene, Jul 12, 2004
  11. Don Linder

    Tony Guest

    Yes indeed.

    Just send $100 to the Church of Tony's Online Dell Bashing, and spiritual
    guidance can be yours, 24/7 with the click of a Dell mouse.

    Tony, Jul 12, 2004
  12. Don Linder

    BWL Guest

    Actually, my post was NOT intended to incite controversy, conflict, or cause
    annoyance or offense (although I figured the pro-Dell lobby here would be
    quick to pounce)(...which they did).

    It was simply a word of warning not to expect to be able to communicate in
    English with Dell's "award-winning tech support", and not to waste your
    time with them.

    BWL, Jul 12, 2004
  13. Don Linder

    chico Guest

    Why should the buyer eat the cost of sending it back?

    chico, Jul 13, 2004
  14. Don Linder

    chico Guest

    Dell apparently has decided it is easier to teach its customers a foreign
    language than it is to teach their tech support English!
    ching, wing, ding, choy fung Dell!!

    chico, Jul 13, 2004
  15. Don Linder

    PC Medic Guest

    Because the buyer appears to have selected the wrong region and language
    during initial setup.
    Now of course there is also the other option of making a quick setting
    change and all will be well.

    PC Medic, Jul 13, 2004
  16. Don Linder

    PC Medic Guest

    OK, we have a Mexican that thinks an American company's support center in
    India speaks some sort of Asian language.
    Now you tell me who the incompetent ones are!

    PC Medic, Jul 13, 2004
  17. Don Linder

    Keith Guest

    DellBot Alert!!!

    Keith, Jul 13, 2004
  18. Don Linder

    chico Guest

    Who you calling a Mexican you stinking gringo?! I'm Honduran. I suppose we
    all look alike to you huh? But I can speak the language unlike Dellindians.

    chico, Jul 13, 2004
  19. Don Linder

    Notan Guest

    I normally don't like feeding into these types of conversations,
    but that was pretty good! <g>

    Notan

    Notan, Jul 13, 2004
  20. Don Linder

    Irene Guest

    In my opinion, they should not have to, but that is Dell's policy.

    Irene, Jul 13, 2004