    1800XP with Alpha PAL6035. I have some casefan experimentation to do. Here
    is a pic.

    http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/r/drinklime/DSCN1156.JPG

    fredrickson, May 12, 2004

  2. fredrickson

    Tim Guest

    Holly Crap to you too...

    52c with the cover off the case and idling (?) is a bit high. Definitely
    time to get some air circulation and if you don't already, some round cables
    etc.

    What are the little white flecks? I hope its not aluminium dust. If it is,
    give your case a good clean out. If its dandruf then gosh!

    I would take a bigger chunk out of the heatsink so there is no chance it
    will rip the capacitor out of the mobo if bumped.
    Otherwise the little scratch on the capacitors are nothing to worry about.
    - Tim

    Tim, May 13, 2004

  3. fredrickson

    fredrickson Guest

    Yea I need to get a new case. I have an old Antec KS-188 and there is no
    vent fan by the CPU.

    fredrickson, May 13, 2004
  4. fredrickson

    Jason Ash Guest

    Had to do something similar myself. Although I took rather more off
    the heatsink, used a hacksaw, trimmed about two cooling fins off to just
    a bit above the top of the capacitor. If those flecks in the corner of
    the heatsink are what I think they are, metal filings from your trimming
    the heatsink, I would shut down *NOW*, and clean that heatsink
    religously! Just one of those dropping onto the mb traces could raise
    havoc!

    Jason A.
    -------------------------------------
    Reply to for SPAM only

    All others use:
    m0ng0lh0rde @ ukonline . co . uk

    Remove spaces to send
    Thank you

    Jason Ash, May 14, 2004
  5. I just scraped my AeroFlow TOOOOOOO NOISY.

    Got a Zalman 7000A-CU now thats SILENCE :)

    We Live for the One we Die for the One, May 23, 2004
  6. Thinking about getting an Aopen A600 case it has a 120mm fan next to
    the cpu :) more than enough even on 7 volts :)

    We Live for the One we Die for the One, May 23, 2004