    I am also curious about other suppliers.

    So if anybody would want to share his/her eperience I'd be grateful.

    - Remco

    Remco, Jun 1, 2005

  2. Le Wed, 01 Jun 2005 15:18:09 +0200, Remco a écrit :
    Avoid windows storage server 2003 like the plague, because it's pure crap,
    but I suppose you'd have guessed it :)
    NetApp are fine on the high end, but their low end is crappy : PC hardware
    with IDE drives with the NetApp premium, better go with a good PC server
    hardware (like Supermicro) and install Solaris, Linux or BSD yourself...

    Emmanuel Florac, Jun 1, 2005

  3. Remco

    Remco Guest

    I wouldn't touch any windows version with a ten foot pole... :)

    Remco, Jun 1, 2005
  4. Le Wed, 01 Jun 2005 17:25:25 +0200, Remco a écrit :
    He he :) Be careful, because many vendors provides windows NAS :) I think
    the choice is : buy a NetApp if you can afford a reasonnably high end
    machine, or buy a serious PC server (like the supermicro machines) if you
    want something cheap, and set up your favorite OS yourself.

    Emmanuel Florac, Jun 1, 2005