Navigation Pane doesn't want to be remembered in Outlook

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Alex Yu, Feb 8, 2005.

  1. Alex Yu

    Alex Yu Guest

    It doesn’t seem like I can replicate this problem on another XP SP2
    machine. My problem is that no matter what I do to Navigation Pane
    Options in Outlook 2003 running on a Tablet PC Edition 2005, all options
    (just Navigation Pane) go back to defaults when next time I open
    Outlook. For example, I changed "view" to Folder List and closed
    Outlook. I opened Outlook again and Navigation Pane went back to Mail
    view. Another example is that I removed Shortcuts button in the bottom
    shortcuts area (Mail/Calendar/Contacts/Tasks/etc.) However, folder
    shortcuts that I put in Favorite Folders do stay. It seems like buttons
    that I added to toolbar will be reset as well. Anyone knows why or how I
    can fix damn issue? Thanks.

    --
    Alex Yu
    http://mucha.us/blogs/alex/

    This posting represents my own opinion, and in no way claims
    to represent the views of Microsoft Corporation. This posting
    is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias
    is for newsgroup purposes only. Remove ".nospam.thanks" if you would
    like to reach me privately.

    Alex Yu, Feb 8, 2005

  2. Alex Yu

    Chris H. Guest

    We don't support Outlook in this newsgroup, but try doing a Repair of your
    Office install via Add or Remove Programs. I have no issue on my Tablet PCs
    with Outlook 2003 and the navigation pane. Do you happen to be running any
    add-ons for Outlook, or perhaps the Energy Blue theme for Tablet PC? Just
    curious.

    Chris H., Feb 8, 2005

  3. Alex Yu

    Alex Yu Guest

    Chris H. said the following on 2/8/2005 12:54 PM:
    Chris,

    Can we talk this offline? I can capture screens to show you the problem
    that I am having. In fact, all 20 Tablet PCs we have here face the same
    issue. I also received an e-mail from an Internet user, and he is
    having the same problem as well.

    Yes, I am running Energy Blue theme, but I also tested it on a Tablet PC
    with default XP theme and no Outlook add-ons.

    Alex Yu, Mar 14, 2005
  4. Alex Yu

    Chris H. Guest

    Alex, support for Outlook should come from the Outlook MVPs who are adept
    with assisting on any issues. I am really a lowly user of Outlook when it
    comes to the actual use, and my looking screen grabs or whatever wouldn't
    solve any problems for you, I guarantee. :cool: Try posting the precise
    issue, including the version of Outlook you're running and what updates
    you've done to each to either the microsoft.public.outlook or
    microsoft.public.outlook.general newsgroup where the MVPs for the program
    will help you.
    In memory of a true friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    Associate Expert

    Chris H., Mar 14, 2005
  5. Alex Yu

    Alex Yu Guest

    Chris H. said the following on 3/14/2005 5:54 PM:
    Alright, I already asked at Outlook forum for two times and none came
    back with a reply. I guess I will ask my buddies at Microsoft to help
    me out. Thanks.

    Alex Yu, Mar 14, 2005
  6. Alex Yu

    Chris H. Guest

    Alex, what I'm trying to tell you is I'm not a good source for support of
    that particular program, and trying to lead you in the right direction. If
    you're not receiving a response in the Outlook support groups, try posting
    to an Office area and I'll try to find out why no one is paying attention in
    Outlook.

    Chris H., Mar 15, 2005
  7. Alex Yu

    Alex Yu Guest

    Chris H. said the following on 3/14/2005 7:31 PM:
    Hey, I understand. I will keep trying...

    Alex Yu, Mar 15, 2005