    Any help will be appreciated.

    Also, Is there a better newsgroup to post to?

    Thanks

    Fred, Nov 19, 2005

  2. Fred

    CONTROL Guest

    Is this a POS machine
    with 200mhz CPU
    you might be able to run win 98SE on it which may have better drivers
    built in

    which particular drivers?
    does it have a touch screen?

    CONTROL, Nov 20, 2005

  3. Fred

    Fred Guest

    It is a POS and it does have a touch screen. Officially it's a 7450-2400.
    It's hard to say what all may be needed. The following link is the
    incredibly long user manual pulled from NCR's site (pdf). According to the
    manual I need to create series of disks for installation. On page 47 (or
    2.3) there is a list of NCR software that is needed. If you are willing to
    look I'd appreciate it. The big mystery is where do I get the software.
    NCR said they don't have it anymore.

    http://www.info.ncr.com/eDownload.cfm?itemid=973240007

    There's one on ebay for sale right now with a picture:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7526239432

    Thanks

    Fred, Nov 23, 2005
  4. Fred

    CONTROL Guest

    That is really old stuff I suppose you have already tried googling the
    files.
    here is the touch screen drivers maybe?
    http://www.3m.com/3MTouchSystems/downloads/legacy.jhtml

    The clients I currently support use the javelin JPos600 and run Exceed
    software by www.hlaustralia.com.au they have an office in Vancouver

    Depending on your application, in theory you could load up win 98 and
    run any point of sale software on it. Where will it be used? do you
    have a back office system that you will be interfacing it with?

    CONTROL, Nov 24, 2005
  5. Fred

    Fred Guest

    I'll have to spend some time going through your link - Thanks for it.

    We are trying to run Aloha POS on them. These terminals are known to
    support Win 95 so we may be able to use '98. We shall see. Because it's
    Aloha we are trying to use it in a chain of restaurants. The customer wants
    to use a stockpile of these NCRs rather that invest in proper, modern
    terminals. If we can make it work we'll be in for the eventual upgrade
    (hopefully.) There will be a back office computer involved but each
    terminal must be able to run independently for redundancy sake.

    Thanks for your help.

    Fred, Nov 27, 2005