    monitor) which I can use to connect to the Elite3D fram buffer.

    Thanks,

    Steve

    Steven R. Jones, Jan 31, 2005

  2. Steven R. Jones

    x Guest

    Xinerama doesn't work across different types of graphics cards.
    All of them must be the same device type.
    Also, the resolutions must be identical. At least at the adjoining edge.

    Really old Sun cards only do composite sync (one sync wire),
    but I believe all your cards do both composite and separate sync.
    Old SGI's did Sync-on-green.

    About half of the resolutions are composite (old Sun derived
    resolutions like 1152x900 and 1280x1024x76). The newer
    one are derived from VESA standards, and are composite sync
    (like 1280x1024x60, 75, 85).

    About half of the flatpanels I've seen won't like the composite ones,
    but NEC used to be one of the most forgiving on syncing up when
    I tested ~2-3 years ago.

    x, Jan 31, 2005

  3. I know that Xinerama needs at least same family, usually identical frame
    buffers. I'm planning a plain vanilla multihead configuration without
    Xinerama so the mixed hardware will no be a problem. Thanks for the
    advice.

    Steve

    Steven R. Jones, Feb 1, 2005