NEC PowerMate 286 power connector ?

Discussion in 'IBM' started by Dieter, Oct 1, 2007.

  1. Dieter

    Dieter Guest

    I have to rerpair an old NEC PowerMate 286 wih broken power supply.
    The ps is a TDK PU607.
    I learned that there are 2 type of connectors on the market, an ATX 20
    pin and an AT 6+6 pins.
    Bur the NEC has a 9-pin and a 3- pin connector. No chance to get the
    info from TDK nor NEC.

    Colors from front to back:
    br, br, bk then bk, bk, or, or, bk, bk, red, red,red (or=orange,
    bk=black, br=brown)

    All reds and all sw are connected in the supply (< 0.3 Ohms), while
    browns are not connected.
    Reds are probably +5V and orange are + 12 because the are connected to
    the 4 pin hard disk power connector.

    Any hints where -5 and -12V is ?

    Thanks, Dieter

    Dieter, Oct 1, 2007

  2. Dieter

    Franc Zabkar Guest

    Locate the -5V and -12V rails at the ISA slots and test for continuity
    with the power connector:

    http://pinouts.ru/Slots/ISA_pinout.shtml

    - Franc Zabkar

    Franc Zabkar, Oct 6, 2007