    Looking at Dell's, currently.
    Thanks in advance,
    Winston

    John, Aug 16, 2004

  2. John

    Tom Scales Guest

    If you're looking for a light laptop, then look at the IBM X40. Under 3
    pounds. I have lots of Dell desktops, but my laptop is an X40.

    And I just checked a Mic Boost IS a configurable option.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Aug 16, 2004

  3. John

    John Guest

    thx. Will look at the x40.
    John

    John, Aug 16, 2004
  4. John

    Ayoros Guest

    Hi laptops with good soundcards are rare.
    For laptops, best options are an external DSP module (USB 2).

    Personnally I used to record voice with a dedicated microphone
    with integrated DSP and the result was amazing !
    You can get such microphone for few bucks : Plantronics DSP 300.

    This let you the opportunity to choose the laptop independantly.

    Rgds

    Ayoros, Aug 22, 2004
  5. John

    John Guest