Need a new ATI/AMD video card for an old Windows XP Pro. SP3 machine.

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Ant, Dec 17, 2012.

  1. Ant

    Ant Guest

    .... Since I think my current old ATI Radeon 4870 video card (PCIe) seems
    to be dying, I will need to replace it very soon.

    I read that ATI/AMD doesn't make newer cards and drivers for old Windows
    XP Pro. SP3 even though MS still support it. What's the highest NEW
    video card model I can go with it for cheap? I would like something
    faster and more power efficient than my dying video card. I rarely play
    computer games these days and if I do, it would only be at 1280x1024
    resolution on an old 19" LCD monitor (will get a bigger one when it has
    problems/dies).

    Thank you in advance. :)
    --
    "... The press can hold its magnifying glass up to our problems,
    bringing them into focus, illuminating issues heretofore unseen. Or they

    Ant, Dec 17, 2012