    and whistles of XP or vista...

    or may just jump to ubuntu linux...

    who's got a spare MOBO that still works they no longer use?

    Nathan Bean, Aug 8, 2007

  2. No spare motherboards here, but my experience has been that VIA has done
    the best job of keeping backward compatibility. For example, one of my
    friends has a VIA-based Socket 939 board that can dual boot into Windows
    XP or Windows 98.

    As usual, you will want to look at the VIA driver download site at
    http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2 to verify compatibility.

    Good luck.

    --Alex

    Alex Zorrilla, Aug 17, 2007

  3. Nathan Bean

    nathan bean Guest

    thanks... i've been trying to search for such boards... not having a lot
    of luck...

    nathan bean, Aug 18, 2007