    video card?
    Mine gave up the ghost and a lube job doesn't help anymore.

    Thanks

    Flatlander, Dec 15, 2003

  2. Flatlander

    Flatlander Guest

    Flatlander, Dec 16, 2003

  3. Flatlander

    daytripper Guest

    Coincidentally, one of my trusty P3B-F crates has a 7700 Deluxe in it that
    loudly complained that it was suffering near rotor-lock two weeks ago.

    I bought a $5 40mm single BB 2-wire brushless dc fan for it - not a direct
    replacement, obviously - and "re-formed" the heat sink so I could screw it
    down at two opposite corners.

    Works fine, though the resulting 0.9" stack-up would probably cause
    interference with any PCI card plugged in the adjacent slot. Serendipitously
    enough, anyone with a P3B-F knows that first PCI slot was nigh unusable,
    anyway.

    And obviously SmartDoctor, if you actually ran it (I don't), would complain
    about the zero fan rpm ;-)

    /daytripper

    daytripper, Dec 17, 2003