    i'm upgrading to an athlon4400 x2 and crossfire mobo, how big a power supply
    do i need?
    also do i need 2 graphics cards?

    bob h, Apr 14, 2006

  2. bob h

    thomas rush Guest

    Hardly anyone *needs* two graphics cards.
    If you're looking at a motherboard that *requires*
    two cards, I'd suggest you look at a different product.

    How much of a power supply do you need? A lot has to do
    with how *good* the power supply is, and how honest the
    manufacturer is about rating it. You might want to check
    out the abit fora for a user-generated ranking of how
    PSUs rate -- http://forum.abit-usa.com .

    You'll probably want to run close to a solid 500W PSU...
    but quality has a lot to do with it.

    thomas.

    thomas rush, Apr 14, 2006

  3. bob h

    Dylan C Guest

    There are also alot of articles that recommend a solid 12V rail rated at
    20A or so. Personally I run an Antec 480W with my X2 3800+ with a
    GeForce 3 AGP card. It stresses my PSU to roughly half its rated
    output, or ~250W.

    -Dylan C

    Dylan C, Apr 14, 2006
  4. bob h

    bob h Guest

    what memory would be best? i'm thinking corsair 2gig. do i use buffered or
    unbuffered?

    bob h, Apr 14, 2006