need advice fron experts too

Discussion in 'Abit' started by patrick, Apr 14, 2006.

  1. patrick

    patrick Guest

    i bought
    Abit UL8 - mainboard - ATX - ULI M1689
    Crucial 2x1GB 184Pin DIMM PC3200 Non-ECC Unbuffered
    Maxtor DiamondMax10 300Gb S300
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Socket 939 1MB Box
    GeForce 6 6600GT 128MB AGP8X GDDR3 VGA DVI

    I am struggling to set the bios up correctly
    the computer runs xp and seems to work ok however i am not convinced it is
    running at its best.
    gaming is not as good as it used to be on my 2400 how can i test to see if
    all is well?
    i tried 3d mark 2006 lag lag lag could'nt do the test properly
    dont suppose anyone could tell me what settings should be in bios
    example the hypertransport setting if i put Hammer to M1689 to any other
    setting than 2 bits
    nothing works have to reset bios
    any help would be gratefully recieved

    meanie