    below XP.
    So, I was just checking.
    Buffalo

    Buffalo, Oct 23, 2012

  2. Adam

    Adam Guest

    Thanks for checking. I'm thinking about
    not investing more (unless it's dirt cheap) into
    that old system and focusing on the new build now.

    Adam, Oct 23, 2012

  3. Adam

    Robert Miles Guest

    Something that helps is to choose a model of video card where
    the hot air from the card is exhausted outside the computer's
    case rather than inside it. This keeps the insides of the
    computer cooler, and therefore allows more time to detect the
    problem.

    Some computers (such as my laptop) now have a device for measuring
    the temperature of the CPU and also one for the graphics chip, and
    will quickly shut down the computer if either reaches a certain
    limit (100 C on my laptop, and apparently not settable).

    Robert Miles, Nov 12, 2012