Need cPCI SBC reccomendation.

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by CW Thomas, Jan 6, 2005.

  1. CW Thomas

    CW Thomas Guest

    Hi;

    Thanks for reading this.

    I am looking for a cPCI controller that will run win2K or XP. It has to have
    an

    operating temperature range of from -20C to 85C( this is a mandatory
    requirement).

    Also Needs a V(io) of 3.3 volts and I would like to be able to use a FLASH
    drive due to the temp extremes.

    Does anybody know of anyone who makes a product that might work for us?

    Thanks in Advance;

    C.W. Thomas

    CW Thomas, Jan 6, 2005

  2. CW Thomas

    linnix Guest

    linnix, Jan 6, 2005

  3. We have had succes with SBCs from Men Mikro Systems. Their prices are
    very reasonable compared to some other SBC manufacturers.

    http://www.menmicro.com

    Regards
    Anton Erasmus

    Anton Erasmus, Jan 7, 2005
  4. CW Thomas

    Rolf Blom Guest

    Your temperature range will exclude many boards; you may want to focus
    on boards intended for rugged/military environment. I've never needed
    those specs myself, but you could perhaps find some companies at
    picmg.org to choose from. I hear SBS, Kontron, Force/Motorola and others
    have such boards. (Most rugged stuff is 3U, could be a limitation)

    Nowadays I'd think most boards are +3.3V VI/O capable, so that wouldn't
    be much of an issue, unless you dig up some older stuff. If you are
    talking PMC VI/O, that can be a factory configurable option.

    (When you use a flash drive, be careful of how often you write new data,
    they are rather limited in cycles compared to a hard disk, and any
    operating system must be kept from wearing out such a disk too soon.)

    /Rolf

    Rolf Blom, Jan 11, 2005