Need help choosing configuration for new shuttle

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by mick, Jul 16, 2006.

  1. mick

    mick Guest

    Hi all

    I am new to the Shuttle, attracted by its small size and quietness plus
    its portability and I need help choosing the correct specification for a
    new machine. Budget is up to around £1.5k max

    The main use would be for home/office work, Autocad, Excel, Access,
    Dreamweaver and Photoshop. I am not a gamer (I don't have time!)
    I have broadband and use video conferencing quite often, use a Wacom A4
    graphics tablet, have Creative 5.1 speakers going spare and an array of
    printers.

    I am looking at purchasing a Dell 20(2007WFP) or 24(2407WFP)inch
    monitor, both of which have a rotating option, to complement the
    Shuttle.

    So far the AMD Athlon 64 AM2 DualCore, about 300GB hard drive, 2GB
    memory, appeals, as for graphics cards I am lost.

    Anyone care to comment on what processor speed, hard drive speed, memory
    and graphics card would compliment each other for my needs.

    Thanks

    mick, Jul 16, 2006

  2. mick

    bronxjragon Guest

    I'd say stay away from shuttles. THey don't take into consideratio
    the upgrades you want to make 1, 2, or even three years down th
    line. I'm stuck with 4x AGP on a shuttle SB51g. Can't even get
    256mb video card to work

    bronxjragon, Jul 16, 2006

  3. mick

    allez Guest

    What motherboard upgrades are available?
    Seems like this is the most efficient way to move up in the Shuttle world.

    gewerkschaft

    allez, Jul 19, 2006