Need Help Connecting Front Case Panel USB Ports to A7N8X-E

Discussion in 'Asus' started by JAH, Feb 14, 2004.

  1. JAH

    JAH Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to connect the USB ports on the front of my case to the USB
    header on the A7N8X-E motherboard.

    The pins don't exactly match, and I could probably make a good guess
    as to how to connect them, but I'd rather not screw things up.

    The pin-outs from my case are:

    DATA +
    DATA -
    VCC
    GND

    On the A7N8X-E they are:

    USB+5V
    USB_P5-
    USB_P5+
    GND

    Help would be appreciated!

    jeff

    JAH, Feb 14, 2004

  2. JAH

    Ed Guest

    DATA+ = USB_P5+
    DATA- = USB_P5-
    VCC = USB +5V
    GND = GND

    Ed

    Ed, Feb 14, 2004

  3. JAH

    JAH Guest

    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

    Thanks Ed! Saved me some time! :)

    jeff

    JAH, Feb 15, 2004
  4. but make sure you have the black in the right place or you will find the
    computer will see the usb device but won't recognise it!

    David McDonald, Feb 15, 2004
  5. JAH

    Sam Guest

    Sometime on, or about Sat, 14 Feb 2004 17:37:09 -0600, Ed scribbled:
    My Antec case also has a IEEE 1394 connectors. They're also separate little
    connectors. Does anyone know where they should go on an A7N8X-dlx board?
    There are 6 wires from the case (2 TPA +/-, 2 TPB +/-, VP <power>, and VG
    <ground>). On the MB there are 3 ground connectors. Does it make any
    difference which one you use?

    Sam

    Sam, Feb 15, 2004
  6. JAH