    work with my processor or not and if not which one would. Thanks in
    advance!

    Deepak

    Deepak Gupta, Aug 10, 2004

  2. Deepak Gupta

    Wes Newell Guest

    Yes, it will work, as will any that support 266FSB (133MHz FSB clock).

    Wes Newell, Aug 10, 2004

  3. Deepak Gupta

    Matt Guest

    I can't imagine any current Socket A motherboard NOT being able to
    support a T-bird.

    The real toughie is if you have PC133 memory to re-use, as most
    current boards that still use a DDR/SDRAM capable chipset, tend nor to
    bother with SDRAM sockets, confining them to DDR only.

    If aiming "cheap'n'cheerful", onboard graphics may be a feature to
    look for.

    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-185-036&depa=0
    Cheapest suitable board from there, WITH onboard graphics - $40
    instead of $26 - the KM266 chipset is comparable with the KT266A
    The Prosavage graphics won't win any prizes for gaming, but are quite
    adequate for any other uses.

    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-185-002&depa=0

    The M847LU - an interesting idea ... the standard Sis 746/963 chipset
    coupled with an onboard Xabre 200 seperate chip, and 64Mb of
    independent graphics memory onboard as well.
    A lightweight DirectX 8 solution, for $51
    Tho only casualty of this integration - NO AGP SLOT, so a Xabre 200 is
    the best the graphics will ever be - but that may be enough.

    Matt, Aug 11, 2004