Need Help Finding Info for Computer

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Von Fourche, Jul 9, 2005.

  1. Von Fourche

    Von Fourche Guest

    I've been looking on the compaq website about how many banks of memory
    my computer was shipped with. Isn't this info on their site?

    I've punched in my model number - 5BW284, but can not find the info.

    Isn't their site supposed to me how much memory and how many banks it
    was shipped with?

    My computer currently has 128MB of ram. It's crashing like crazy. I
    desperately want to max it out at 512.

    Can anybody find this information on the Compaq website (if it's
    actually there) and post a link for me? My computer is a Compaq Presario
    5000 Series model 5BW284.

    I would like to order some memory from that crucial web site this
    weekend.

    Thanks!

    Von Fourche, Jul 9, 2005

  2. Von Fourche

    Tom Scales Guest

    The best resource for memory information is www.crucial.com. It tells me
    that your machine has 2 banks each capable of a max of 256M for a total of
    512MB.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jul 10, 2005

  3. Von Fourche

    HH Guest

    HH, Jul 10, 2005
  4. Von Fourche

    Ben Myers Guest

    I ended up at that URL when I looked for info on the model. Unfortunately it is
    a dead end compared to many of the URLs on the HPaq web site. One cannot
    determine the exact specs of the machine, including CPU type and speed, memory
    type, number and type of slots, etc. The typical shortchanging of Presario
    owners, insulting their intelligence with dumbed-down technical info.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jul 10, 2005