    running a uLinux distro.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Joe

    Joe, Nov 28, 2004

  2. Joe

    CBFalconer Guest

    You don't need a modem, just normal POTS service and at most a
    relay to connect/disconnect. Then it is your choice between DTMF
    and pulse dialling.

    CBFalconer, Nov 29, 2004

  3. Joe

    jetmarc Guest

    The application will generate DTMF codes, and send a voice message. The
    This is possible with the ZyXEL U1496E(+) series of modems. However,
    you will need quite a bit of time to get it to work, and even then it
    wont be very reliable. I would recommend you to not use a modem at all,
    but rather a line-interface module (MITEL does some, IIRC MH44288 or so
    is a product code to look for). These convert the phone line into
    audio-in and audio-out, plus control lines to pickup/hangup. This line
    interface, an ADC/DAC and off you go. No Hayes, no char-pacing, no
    CELP, no stuck sessions, no nothing.

    jetmarc, Nov 30, 2004