Need help for a Pentium 1 motherboard

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Gaetan Mailloux, Apr 11, 2005.

  1. Hi

    I have a QDI VX III Pentium 1 motherboard , 166 mhz.

    Since, that in the setup I can ennable a USB port, there should be some
    pin on the motherboard to connect my USB plug adaptor (there's 8 wire on
    that adaptor; vcc 0 , vcc 1 , d1+ , gnd , d1- , gnd , d0+ , d0- ). Where's
    those pins are on the motherboard and which wires goes on which pins ?

    Thank, and here's the motherboard spec;

    Motherboard

    Pentium 1

    CPU Intel Pentium MMX, 166 MHz

    Motherboard QDI VX III (3 ISA, 4 PCI, 4 SIMM, 1 DIMM)

    Chipset Intel Triton 82430VX

    BIOS Award Modular (07/07/97)

    Motherboard id 07/07/97-i430VX-NS306-2A59GQ1EC-00

    Chipset Intel Triton 82430VX

    BIOS Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG

    BIOS message P5I430VX/250DM Explorer II BIOS V3.5S 07/09/97

    chipset North Bridge Intel 82437VX

    Gaetan Mailloux, Apr 11, 2005

  2. Gaetan Mailloux

    Wes Newell Guest

    It should be in the manual, or maybe also silkscreened on the MB. And then
    again, maybe it's not implimented on the MB. Look for a 4 or 8 (dual
    port) pin connector.

    http://www.qdigrp.com/qdisite/eng/products/vx3.htm

    This may give you a clue.

    http://www.qdigrp.com/qdisite/eng/support/f_vx.htm