Need help for an NCR 3180 - won't see 8meg card, only 4meg

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by RED, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. RED

    RED Guest

    Hello,

    I have an NCR 3180 laptop Intel 486SL/33 that works great with only one
    problem. It has 4 megs on the mobo and when I install an 8meg card, the
    machine only sees 8 megs total. The bios version is 1.02.02 which is the
    latest that NCR has on there web site. So I have some questions.
    (1) How can I get the machine to see all 12 megs of memory?
    (2) Apparently this is the same as an AT&T Globalyst 250. What is the
    equivalent NEC machine? Maybe they have a bios upgrade that will help.
    (3) Does someone have a spare hard drive caddy that they would like to sell?
    I swap drives for Windows 95 and Dos 6.22.
    (4) I can't find a manual anywhere. Does someone know what the 4 dip
    switches are for? I only know that #1 is for flashing the bios.

    Thanks a lot for listening to all this.

    Ralph

    RED, Jul 11, 2003