Need help for HP cd-writer+ 7200i

Discussion in 'HP' started by Peter van Bernhoven, Jan 11, 2004.

  1. The Netherlands, 11-01-2004

    Hello everybody,

    I hope someone in the group can help me.
    I am not asking support for myself, but for a Dutch friend of me.

    After formatting her harddisk she lost her installation-software of her
    "Hewlett Packard cd-writer plus internal 7200i".
    So she has the hp-writer (hardware) in her pc, but she can't use it, she
    can't copy cd's or burn mp3's anymore.
    In the past she has bought her pc, problably with receiving the installation
    cd-rom, but she can't find it anymore.

    I have tried to use my Nero 5.5 cd-rom, but my Nero is the Plextor-version,
    so she can't use my Nero 5.5.

    My question is: is there someone in this Newsgroup who like to send me the
    hp cd-writer+ 7200i installation-software ?

    Bye bye from Peter

    email:

    Peter van Bernhoven, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Peter van Bernhoven

    R Horn Guest

    R Horn, Jan 11, 2004

  3. Hello Rob,

    Yes I know ... buying the software via the Hewlett Packard (Holland) site is
    of course possible.
    But first I like to try to get it for free, because my friend are living of
    a alimony.
    To be honest: she can't afford buying the hp-software at the moment.

    I am not trying to get new software for free, but software she already had
    in the past and lost.
    I hope you understand.

    Bye bye from Peter

    Peter van Bernhoven, Jan 11, 2004
  4. Peter van Bernhoven

    R Horn Guest

    Sorry I thought that this would have been available free of charge
    considering that only ones wanting it would have the hardware. Did oyu try
    others like www.download.com ? kazaa?

    R Horn, Jan 11, 2004
  5. Hello Rob,

    Yes, visiting the hp-site for the first time I also thought the installation
    software would have been for free.
    Only the upgrades are for free.

    I have tried Kazaa, but no success uptill now.
    Thanks for the other download-address ... I will try.

    Groetjes van Peter

    Peter van Bernhoven, Jan 11, 2004
  6. Peter van Bernhoven

    Ben Myers Guest

    Most of the name-brand CD burning software shipped with name-brand computers
    (HP, Dell, Gateway, IBM, Sony, etc) has been customized for the specific
    name-brand company and model of CD burner in the computer.

    May I suggest the open source "CDR Tools Front End" plus another bit of open
    source software called "Visual ISO"? Like your typical open source software,
    these programs are not highly polished, but they do get the job done. CDR Tools
    is a Linux-based CD burner, and the Front End consists of cygwin and a
    WIndows-based program. cygwin is an open source effort which allows a program
    running in the Windows environment to execute Linux commands and operating
    system calls. If it all sounds a bit complicated, well... it is. But this
    software works with almost any CD burner or DVD burner on the market. Do a
    Google search to find... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jan 11, 2004
  7. Hello Ben,

    By the way: your family-name sounds rather Dutch.
    In Holland we have family-names as "Meijers" and "Meyers".

    Thanks for replying my "need for help".
    Sorry for telling you, but your story below is beyond me ... or like in a
    Dutch expression: "it's going over my cap".
    When the cd-writer-problem was at my own pc, I would try the things you are
    telling be here under.
    But the problem is at the pc of a friend of me living in another part of
    Holland.
    That's why I like to keep it easy for her.
    I hope you don't take offence about this.

    I still hope someone in the group just want to tell me where I can download
    or send me in an email as attachment (don't worry about the MB's) the
    following software (Windows 98):

    - installation-software of the "Hewlett Packard cd-writer plus internal
    7200i"
    or
    - Nero burning-software (Windows 98), the Hewlett Packard-version

    Groetjes van Peter

    Peter van Bernhoven, Jan 11, 2004
  8. I don't have HP CD writers, but you can get Nero 6 on eBay
    for about ¤5, it's the OEM version and supports all (OK,
    almost all) burners. It works quite well with my cheap NEC
    1300A DVD writer, which came without any software.

    Take care,

    Stefaan A Eeckels, Jan 12, 2004
  9. Hello Stefaan,

    Thanks for your help Stefaan.
    In the meantime I have found someone who like to lend me his original HP
    cd-writer+ 7200i installation software.
    So, I prefer this solution.

    Bye bye from Peter

    "Stefaan A Eeckels" <> :

    I don't have HP CD writers, but you can get Nero 6 on eBay for about ¤5,
    it's the OEM version and supports all (OK,
    almost all) burners.
    It works quite well with my cheap NEC 1300A DVD writer, which came without
    any software.

    Take care,

    Stefaan

    Peter van Bernhoven, Jan 12, 2004