    Can anyone suggest where I can get a replacement fan for my 9700 pro.
    Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

    Roo

    ROO, Nov 25, 2003

  2. ROO

    matthew utt Guest

    manhattan makes a good quality cooler for graphic chipsets and main board
    chipsets and will set you back about 15 bucks

    matthew utt, Nov 25, 2003

  3. ROO

    John Hall Guest

    This is a chance to get a good aftermarket cooler and try overclocking your
    9700 pro. Try the Zalman website. I hear they have some excellent and very
    quiet cooling products for video cards.

    Jk

    John Hall, Nov 25, 2003
  4. ROO

    J.Clarke Guest

    Whether it _needs_ a fan depends on the case design and the airflow
    through the case. As for being quiet, if there is no fan then what
    is the noise source?
    Without a fan of course it does. The question is whether it gets
    hotter than the chip allows. Unfortunately ATI does not put the spec
    sheets for their chips up on the Web site so we have no way of knowing
    what the limit is for the R350.

    Note, by the way, that the 9700 series boards had problems unrelated to
    the CPU temperature--the cooling provided for the voltage regulators was
    marginal. This issue would not be addressed by any heat sink attached
    to the GPU chip.
    Why? Put a big loud fan on it if overclocking is important to you.
    It's not made for that though.
    Site's busted. Only gives me the main menu and whines about Javascript
    being busted. Using three different browsers on two different operating
    systems.

    J.Clarke, Nov 26, 2003

  5. Zalman heatpipe needs a fan if you plan to use ut on a 9700 pro, its heavy
    and expensive too, and some people say that its not quiet either. On all
    reviews i have read they recommend a fan on Zalman heatpipe, because it gets
    very hot, and forget OC.! I changed to Artic Cooling VGA Silencer, its
    cheap, has 2 speeds and makes no noice at all in silent mode. Even at full
    speed its more quiet than stock fan. Best of all is that my card runs cooler
    now and im only running this cooler in silent mode all the time.
    www.arctic-cooling.com/en/products/vga_silencer/

    /Thomas A/

    Thomas Andrén, Nov 26, 2003