    Any help would be highly appreciated!

    Thanks,
    -- Ankur

    Ankur, May 20, 2008

  2. Ankur

    CJT Guest

    I think that will depend on the controller. Some of them (Adaptec,
    notably) have a setup program you can invoke by a key combination
    during boot that allows, e.g., selecting which drives are to be
    considered bootable.

    CJT, May 20, 2008

  3. Ankur

    Ankur Guest

    I tried that already with Ctrl-I and Ctrl-A; not much dice. From what
    I can see, there are 3 RAID controllers available -- the onboard SCSI,
    LSI/Adaptec and IBM ServeRAID. Someone suggested that there could be a
    race condition between the controllers that's causing the system to
    not recognize the CDROM. The disks are not recognized simply because
    they do not have not been partitioned or have a boot sector in them.
    In any case, I think the IDE CDROM should be recognized no matter
    what. I'm starting to think that the physical drive is bad.

    Thoughts?

    Ankur, May 22, 2008
  4. Ankur

    CJT Guest

    It's an IDE CD-ROM drive? You didn't say that before.

    You probably need to go into the PC's BIOS and change the boot order
    so the IDE drive precedes the SCSI chain.

    CJT, May 23, 2008
  5. When it POSTs are 3 drives detected, or one, by a RAID controller? It
    would be helpful to open it up and look where the SCSI drives are connected.

    Mike.

    Michael Hawes, Jun 7, 2008
  6. Ankur

    race07

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Message

    race07, Jun 15, 2008
  7. Ankur

    COLD WIND

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    try taking the drives out of it thin boot it up see if it comes up with a different message then turn it off put the drives back in turn it on, some times this fixes the problem in the old IBM Thinkpads :cool: remember to unplug and take the battery out ween you put the drives in and out. thx

    COLD WIND, Sep 14, 2008