Need help identifying Intel processor marked RK80546KE0561M

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Quarlo Clobregnny, Mar 13, 2005.

  1. Bought these INTEL processors and a bunch of other junk at a local
    computer swap meet just about 8 months ago. Wasn't able at the time to
    make heads or tails of a CPU that had 604 pins and appear to be in an
    FC-mPGA package. Now I know that these are in all likelhood,INTEL P4 XEON
    processors.
    What I don't know is what is their bus (e.g 400,533 or 800MHz) speed,
    etc? Also, does anyone what kind of motherboard these would work in? I
    would ask INTEL, but the ES tells me they are Engineering Samples and I
    believe that INTEL will not provide any information re these CPU's unless
    I am a Developer. Not interested in selling them, but I sure would like
    to make a LINUX box that runs faster. Below is a list of the info on the
    chips:

    CPU1: RK80546KE0561M
    QZE4 ES A4
    C334F434-0015

    CPU2: RK80546KE0561M
    QZE4 ES A4
    C334F434-0023

    CPU3: RK80546KE0561M
    QZE4 ES A4
    C334L438-0015

    Thanks for any help,
    Quarlo

    Quarlo Clobregnny, Mar 13, 2005

  2. Quarlo Clobregnny

    Ghostrider Guest

    Interesting since these appear to be truly Engineering
    Samples. The 80546 number makes it a Xeon, confirmed by
    the 604 pin design, at 800 MHz. The E0 stepping might
    allow CPU speeds ranging from 3 GHz to 3.6 GHz and higher
    since ES CPU's are not typically multiplier-locked. Take
    a look at http://support.intel.com/support/processors/xeon/
    and http://processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/list.asp.

    Ghostrider, Mar 15, 2005

  3. Ghostrider,

    Thanks for the information and help. It is much appreciated!!

    Quarlo

    Quarlo Clobregnny, Mar 24, 2005