Need help in finding a barebones kit with no CPU please..

Discussion in 'IBM' started by pattyjamas, May 28, 2005.

  1. pattyjamas

    pattyjamas Guest

    1. Have:
    I have a spare 3.0ghz P 4 CPU LGA 775 Socket 5xx series with
    Heatsink, 2 sticks of 256MB of DDR2 400mhz memory, an 120mb IDE hard
    drive (7200RPM, 8mb cache), modem, floppy drive, 2 CD-RW's (one is a
    DVD reader as well). The other components in my older machine are not
    removable.

    2. Do Not Have:
    What I do not have is a Case, Power supply,
    Mobo-motherboard, LAN card, low End Sound Card, low End Graphics Card
    to start.

    Since I am currently unemployed I need some things to do besides
    looking for a job as IT Manager, Project Manager, etc...

    Any recommendations on a kit that comes with a Case, MOBO (no CPU) that
    can provide a basis to add my CPU and other components from #1 above,
    and also might supply #2 to some degree?

    THhnk you for several options. Rather have the CASE and MOBO and Power
    Supply all put together already if possible. If not, but good prices,
    no problem. Again hard disk I have is IDE not SATA.

    Thanks, Patty

    pattyjamas, May 28, 2005

  2. pattyjamas

    pattyjamas Guest

    pattyjamas, May 29, 2005

  3. pattyjamas

    pattyjamas Guest

    Found the people at Maximum Value Computer to be EXTREMELY helpful over
    the 10 other companies I wrote (and heard little or nothing back). And
    great prices. I am not associated with them in any way other than
    talking to them and buying a barebones kit: They know their stuff and
    have an 800#. Good support.

    http://www.mcvpc.com/

    Patty

    pattyjamas, Jun 5, 2005