    drives installed in your computer. setup cannot continue. to quit
    setup, press F3."
    can someone help me please thank you

    pheebz, Feb 16, 2007

  2. pheebz

    John Doue Guest

    From what I understand, you are one more victim of Ebay. It sounds like
    you were sold a laptop without a hd. Opening bios should confirm this.
    Then, open the hard drive bay and see what is inside ...

    If this is the only problem with your machine, consider yourself lucky,
    hard drive prices are low today ...

    John Doue, Feb 16, 2007

  3. pheebz

    ric Guest

    No. If it didn't have a hard disk in it, it wouldn't boot windows and
    show the other guys' login.

    1) try a blank password. alternately, if it's XP Home, press CTRL-
    ALT-DEL twice to give the text login screen and login with
    administrator/blank password. If that doesn't work...
    2) get the NT password reset CD image (google nordahl password reset)
    and reset the windows password by booting off it. if that doesn't
    work...
    3) do a clean install.

    Note that 3) isn't working for you because the T60 comes with a SATA
    hard disk, not an IDE one. Your windows XP cd is presumably not a
    service-pack-2-included one so doesn't know what sata controllers are,
    and can't find the hard drive.
    Either slipstream SP2 into your XP CD (google, it's fairly easy), or
    download the sata controller drivers from IBM and save to a floppy.
    During XP install, where it says press F6 to add other storage
    drivers, press F6 and feed it the disk.

    So long as your IBM doens't have a BIOS or HDD password on it, you're
    good to go. Neither of these are readily got around.

    Ric

    ric, Feb 16, 2007
  4. pheebz

    T.C. Guest

    Just in case: my OEM XP Home requires a "safe-mode" login to be able
    to use the "Administrator"-account - it's blocked due to the default
    policy if I'd try a standard boot...
    T.C.

    T.C., Feb 19, 2007