Need help loooking for the best mobo to run xp1800 & upgrade in the near future.

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by Pharoah, Apr 12, 2004.

  1. Pharoah

    Pharoah Guest

    I have an extra Athlon XP1800 laying around and thought it would be a good
    project to build a new system on.

    The budget is approx $600-$700

    I have a case, albeit a no name steal case. Its atx form factor, free and
    has a 20gig drive in it that will become a backup drive. I have an extra 17"
    monitor.

    Criteria:

    I'd like to combo the 1800 with a great mobo that will accept another
    (faster) cpu in the future.
    I want 1 gig of the fastest ram that will run on that board with this cpu.
    I need a wireless keyboard and mouse combo.
    I also want to buy a new cdrw drive and 80gb hd.

    Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

    Pharoah, Apr 12, 2004

  2. Pharoah

    ICee Guest

    Abit NF7-S
    Corsair, OCZ PC3500.

    I need a wireless keyboard and mouse combo.

    Logitec Cordless Duo
    Any of the Lite-On CD-RW/Combo drives; Western Digital 800JB
    All the above can be viewed, purchased at:
    www.newegg.com

    ICee, Apr 13, 2004

  3. Just put together a system for my daughter using the ASrock K7S8XE+ (make
    sure it's the "+" mainboard) and an AMD XP 1700+. Works great. It can take
    3GB of RAM and use any of AMDs 266/333/400/FSB CPUs.
    Using a stick of 512MB Crucial PC3200. HOwever it is running at 333/FSB to
    match the XP 1700+. Good solid memory.
    The Logitech MX Duo looks like a good deal and I've heard not bad about it
    except from gamers who don't like the heaviness of the mouse.
    Get a Serial ATA. For the money Seagate and Maxtor make good ones. I
    prefer Seagate in my systems.

    Just my suggestions from personal experience.

    Nystagmus

    Newsgroup-Nystagmus, Apr 13, 2004