    Also does it matter if one slot is double sided sd ram and the other
    slot is only single sided?

    Thanks for the help.

    Cloud_Strife, Jul 27, 2004

  2. Cloud_Strife

    Bob Day Guest

    It's safest if the memory modules match in all specifications.
    You *should* be OK though if the modules have different
    capacities -- consult your mainboard manual. Go to
    http://www.crucial.com and use their memory configurer.
    Buy what it recommends.

    -- Bob Day
    http://bobday.vze.com

    Bob Day, Jul 27, 2004

  3. Cloud_Strife

    Bob Day Guest

    Double sided doesn't matter; double *density* may matter.

    -- Bob Day
    http://bobday.vze.com

    Bob Day, Jul 27, 2004

  4. Hi,
    Yes, DDR and standard SDRAM in the same motherboard is likely to
    be a problem. It is likely that one or the other may not work. You can
    also use the memory search at www.kingston.com to find the right kinds
    of memory for your motherboard. Once you have a part number for what
    you want, you can e-mail it to us for a price quote.

    Silicon Alley Computers
    www.siliconalleycomputers.com

    Silicon Alley Computers, Jul 29, 2004
  5. Cloud_Strife

    Bob Day Guest

    < snip >

    Totally true. But what I was actually referring to was not Double Data
    Rate ram, but the density of the chips on the memory module.
    The term "high density" would probably have been a better choice.

    -- Bob Day
    http://bobday.vze.com

    -- Bob Day

    Bob Day, Jul 29, 2004