Need help taking apart toshiba satellite 1005 series laptop.

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Royce, Jul 27, 2003.

  1. Royce

    Royce Guest

    Hi. I'm trying to get to the female connector inside my toshiba laptop
    to resolder it to the motherboard. With a little bit of wiggling, my
    power cord will work. I firmly believe the connector need to be
    resoldered at the vias. I tried my laptop with another working power
    adapter and got the same results.

    I've sent my one year old laptop away to Toshiba and was suggested to
    spend 250 for the repair at Toshiba certified shop. I don't have that
    kind of money, and I do have significant experience soldering as an
    EE. Anyone know how to pull off the bottom? I took out the screws on
    the sides and edges, the two near the ram slots, and two more near the
    HD. However, the plastic casing at the bottom is difficult to pull off
    near the manufacture's label. I'm reluctant to remove the sticker
    until I get some feedback from one of you all.

    The computer is a Toshiba Satellite 1005-S157.

    Thanks in advance.

    Royce

    Royce, Jul 27, 2003