    get the top part with the screen and keyboard to come completely off.
    If anyone has a clue as to what I need to do, please help.

    Thanks

    purplestallion, Jul 2, 2004

  2. just in case anyone else comes on here having the same problem, I'm
    posting what I found at another website. This applies only to the
    Satellite Pro 4600 but the same principles probably apply to most
    Toshiba and other laptops. Good luck all.

    Before you do anything, plan on documenting where all the screws came
    from so you don't end up with extra pieces.

    1 # Start at the bottom and unscrew all screws(draw a A4 paper of all
    holes and put screws there)
    (the screws on the Wlan cover is a little bit harder, I used a
    wirecutter)

    2 # Then turn it around and open the lcd, take off the cover on the
    top of the keyboard and you will reaweel
    2 screw´s that hold the keyboard down .(the cover where it´s written
    Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600)

    3 # Then unsrew all screws that is under the keyboard.(draw a A4 paper
    of all holes and put screws there)

    4 # Look at the backside where the connectors are (I/O), there is 2
    screwe´s there .

    5 # Take off the flatcabels(2) that are under the keyboard and you are
    ready to remove the top + Lcd screen.

    purplestallion, Jul 2, 2004