    the drivers have the drivers for the cd drive on it...
    Any ideas on how to fix this???
    Any help will be appreciated.

    Kilroy, Jun 16, 2006

  2. Kilroy

    jerome Guest

    You just have to setup the BIOS to start from the CD.You need for that a
    setup diskette which can be easily found as an image on the hp/compaq
    site. After thet you can boot from the W98SE install CD, and go on!

    jerome, Jun 18, 2006

  3. Kilroy

    Kilroy Guest

    I have pushed every button on startup and I can't access BIOS...
    Any ideas???????????????????????????
    Hp site is usless because of the age of the laptop....
    I tried their boot disk its worthless...I am about ready to turn this
    sucker into a fishing weight..

    Kilroy, Jun 22, 2006
  4. If you completely removed each partition from the hard drive, there is no
    diagnostic partition containing the BIOS setup routine. You need to
    download a BIOS setup file which can be run from a floppy disk. Install a
    rudimentary operating system on the hard drive with CD ROM drivers copied to
    the hard drive. You will need a Config.SYS and Autoexec.Bat to load the CD
    drivers. You boot from the hard drive and run Setup from the CD to install
    Windows. The other option is to get a copy of Windows 98 which is for
    computers a previous qualifying version of Windows. They are bootable.

    Earl F. Parrish, Jun 28, 2006